CALL FOR PAPERS
LAGOS'17 - IX Latin and American Algorithms, Graphs and Optimization Symposium (poster)
CIRM, Marseille, France.
September 11-15, 2017
About the conference
LAGOS'2017 edition will be special for two reasons: (I) we will celebrate the 150th anniversary of two of the most influential researchers, colleagues and friends, Jayme Luiz Szwarcfiter (UFRJ, Brazil) and Thomas Liebling (EPFL, Switzerland). (II) For this special edition, LAGOS Symposium will held in France, a Latin Country which has always collaborated with the development of the science in the Latin American countries. The previous editions were held in Fortaleza, Brazil (GRACO 2001), Santiago, Chile (LACGA 2004), Angra dos Reis, Brazil (GRACO 2005), Puerto Varas, Chile (LAGOS 2007), Gramado, Brazil (LAGOS 2009), Bariloche, Argentina (LAGOS 2011), Playa del Carmen, Mexico (LAGOS 2013), and Fortaleza, Brazil (LAGOS 2015). As in previous editions, the proceedings of the accepted papers will be published in Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics and a special edition of Discrete Applied Mathematics will be devoted to selected full papers.
Themes include, but are not limited to, the following AMS classifications:
Algorithms: analysis of algorithms; approximation algorithms; randomized algorithms; computational geometry.
Operations Research and Mathematical Programming: combinatorial optimization; integer programming; polyhedral combinatorics; operations research and management science.
Graph Theory: cliques, dominating and independent sets; coloring of graphs and hypergraphs; covering and packing, factorization, matching; digraphs, tournaments; graph algorithms; graphs and matrices; hypergraphs; perfect graphs; random graphs; structural characterization of types of graphs.
Applications: mathematical programming, combinatorial optimization, continuous optimization, heuristics, and metaheuristics, applied to real-world problems.
- Maria Chudnovsky (Princeton, USA)
- Christoph Dürr (LIP6, France)
- Marcos Kiwi (UChile, Chile)
- Monique Laurent (Tilburg & CWI, Netherlands)
- Claudia Linhares-Sales (UFC, Brazil)
- Martin Milanic (Koper, Slovenia)
- Javier Peña (Carnegie-Mellon, USA)
- Fabio Protti (UFF, Brazil)
- Dieter Rautenbach (Ulm, Germany)
- Martin Safe (UNS, Argentina)
- Alexander Schrijver (CWI, Netherlands)
- András Sebő (Grenoble, France)
March 10March 31, 2017 (23h59 GMT).
Notification of acceptance:
May 10May 23, 2017.
May 11End of May, 2017.
- Conference: September 11-15, 2017.
LAGOS Steering Committee
- Guillermo Durán (UBA, Argentina and UChile, Chile)
- Celina Herrera de Figueiredo (UFRJ, Brazil)
- Liliana Alcón (UNLP, Argentina)
- Frédérique Bassino (Paris 13, France) (co-chair)
- Flavia Bonomo (UBA, Argentina) (co-chair)
- Henning Bruhn-Fujimoto (Ulm, Germany)
- Cid Carvalho de Souza (UNICAMP, Brazil)
- Victor Chepoi (LIF Marseille, France)
- Mitre Dourado (UFRJ, Brazil)
- Cristina G. Fernandes (USP, Brazil)
- Luciano Grippo (UNGS, Argentina)
- Frédéric Havet (Nice, France)
- Frédéric Maffray (G-Scop, France)
- Javier Marenco (UNGS, Argentina)
- Martín Matamala (Uchile, Chile)
- Eduardo Moreno (U Adolfo-Ibáñez, Chile)
- Graciela Nasini (UNR, Argentina)
- Miguel Pizaña (UAM, Mexico)
- Lionel Pournin (Paris 13, France) (co-chair)
- Bernard Ries (Fribourg, Switzerland)
- Gelasio Salazar (UASLP, Mexico)
- Rudini Sampaio (UFC, Brazil)
- Oliver Schaudt (Cologne, Germany)
- Gautier Stauffer (G-Scop, France)
- Maya Stein (UChile, Chile)
- Nicolás Stier (Facebook, USA)
- Mario Valencia-Pabon (Paris 13, France) (co-chair)
- Juan Carlos Vera Lizcano (Tilburg, Netherlands) (co-chair)
- Annegret Wagler (Clermont, France)
- Luis Fernando Zuluaga (Lehigh, USA)
- Frédérique Bassino (Paris 13, France)
- Flavia Bonomo (UBA, Argentina)
- Lionel Pournin (Paris 13, France)
- Mario Valencia-Pabon (Paris 13, France)
- Juan Carlos Vera Lizcano (Tilburg, Netherlands)